Where to Take Your Household Hazardous Waste

Where to Take Your Household Hazardous Waste

The Hazardous Waste Facility at Knott Landfill in Bend, (61050 SE 27th street), accepts a wide variety of hazardous waste, including paints & stains, solvents, fuels, antifreeze, aerosols, cleaners, poisons, pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers, oil filters, rechargeable batteries, fluorescent tubes and bulbs, propane tanks, pool & spa chemicals, thermometers, mercury thermostats & switches, etc.

Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) is accepted free of charge from residential users at the Knott Landfill Hazardous Waste Facility. The HHW Facility is open from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on the second (2nd) and fourth (4th) Friday and Saturday of each month. 

Business Hazardous Waste must contact Stericycle Environmental Solutions at 1-800-547-2436 x 2514 to pre-register; or visit www.deschutes.org/solidwaste to download a Business Hazardous Waste application.

Download a Hazardous Waste guide at: https://www.deschutes.org/sites/default/files/fileattachments/solid_waste/page/193/hhw_brochure2017.pdf