FAQs 2018-03-02T01:04:47+00:00
Where are you located? 2018-03-02T01:01:07+00:00

Deschutes Recycling is located at Knott Landfill at 61050 SE 27th Street in Bend.  Once you enter the landfill, follow the signs to Recycling and Organics.

What are your hours of operation? 2018-03-02T18:17:08+00:00

Deschutes Recycling’s Summer Hours (May 1st – October 31st) are Monday – Sunday, 7:00 am – 5:00 pm. Our Winter Hours (November 1st – April 30th) are Monday – Saturday, 7:00 am – 4:30 pm. We are closed for holidays; New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day.

What other depot locations are there to take my recycling? 2018-03-02T18:18:00+00:00

Alfalfa Transfer Station
Walker Road between Dodds and Alfalfa Market Road

Negus Transfer & Recycle Station
East of Canal Blvd. on Negus Way in Redmond

Northwest Transfer & Recycle Station
Between Tumalo & Sisters on Fryrear Road

Sisters Recycle Center
328 W. Sisters Park Drive

Southwest Transfer Station
Off Hwy. 97 between Sunriver & LaPine

What about the free disposal events at the Landfill? 2018-03-02T18:18:40+00:00

Click on the Deschutes County Department of Solid Waste and go to their events section for a list of dates or contact 541-317-3163.

Do you sell compost? 2018-03-29T23:52:17+00:00

Yes, our SoilBuilder®, BioFine® and ReGrow® compost is locally produced from yard debris waste right here in Central Oregon. In addition our ReGrow compost contains food based compost which enhances most nutrients. Our compost products carry the US Composting Council Seal of Testing Assurance to ensure quality and reliability. Click on the DR Compost Brochure for more information regarding our products and services.

Do you have compost spreaders? 2018-03-02T18:20:56+00:00

Yes, we rent Compost Walk-Behind Spreaders.  Click onto the DR Compost Brochure for rental rates.

What other products do you offer for my gardening and landscaping projects? 2018-03-02T18:21:41+00:00

Click onto the DR Compost Brochure for more information on other products and services.

Do you deliver? 2018-03-02T18:22:21+00:00

Yes, we deliver anywhere in Central Oregon, Monday – Friday.  Contact Deschutes Recycling at 541-388-1910 for information on delivery rates in your area.

Can I recycle yard debris? 2018-08-03T17:42:00+00:00

Yes, yard debris, clean wood waste, stumps and sod can all be recycled. No rocks, dirt, garbage or plastic bags. We do not accept concrete or rocks. County ordinance requires all loads be covered.

What Recycling Materials can I recycle for free? 2018-03-02T18:23:49+00:00

Download the DR Recycling Guide which lists acceptable items for recycling

What items have a fee to recycle? 2018-03-02T18:24:30+00:00

Download the DR Recycling Guide which lists items that can be recycled for free and which items require a recycling processing fee.

Can I recycle Styrofoam? 2018-03-02T18:24:56+00:00

No, Styrofoam is not recyclable locally and must be disposed of in your trash.

Can I recycle plastic grocery bags? 2018-03-02T18:25:41+00:00

Although plastic grocery bags are recyclable, they cannot go into the commingle stream and are not accepted at Deschutes Recycling.  Plastic grocery bags can be recycled at participating grocery stores. If put in the recycling cart, grocery bags and other plastics such as saran wrap, garbage bags and plastic film cannot be separated out and will contaminate the other commingle material.

Do you accept BBQ’s? 2018-03-29T23:54:02+00:00

Yes we accept BBQ’s at no charge.  Propane tanks must be removed and empty.

Do you accept lawn mowers? 2018-03-02T18:26:47+00:00

Yes, we accept lawn mowers at no charge.  All fluids must be removed.

Do you accept water heaters? 2018-03-02T18:27:28+00:00

Yes, all water must be emptied.  Click on the DR Recycling Guide processing fees.

Can I recycle paint? 2018-08-03T17:42:52+00:00

Yes, for residential only, paint can be recycled for free – up to 10 gallons.  Commercial businesses need to contact the Household Hazardous Waste Facility at Knott Landfill at 541-317-3163.

Do you accept used motor oil? 2018-03-02T18:28:18+00:00

Yes, used motor oil can be recycled at no charge.

Do you accept scrap metal? 2018-03-02T18:28:40+00:00

Yes, scrap metal can be recycled at no charge.  Scrap metal must be free of any wood, concrete or debris.

Do you accept barbed wire or chain link? 2018-03-02T18:29:19+00:00

Yes, we accept all forms of metal fence materials at no charge.  No concrete attached.

Do you accept work out equipment? 2018-03-02T18:29:46+00:00

Yes, you can recycle work out equipment at no charge.  Fabric seating must be removed.

Do you take E-Waste? 2020-02-24T21:26:46+00:00

Yes.  Residents can bring up to seven of the following items for recycling at no charge: computers, laptops, monitors, televisions, keyboards, mice, and desktop printers. All other computer peripherals, electronic items and appliances can be recycled for a fee. Download the DR Recycling Guide form for a list of items that can be recycled for free and which ones require a recycling processing fee. E-waste from businesses are subject to a fee.

When can I bring my E-Waste in? 2018-03-02T18:31:09+00:00

E-waste can be brought in anytime during normal hours of operation. Deschutes Recycling’s Summer Hours (May 1st – October 31st) are Monday – Sunday, 7:00 am – 5:00 pm. Our Winter Hours (November 1st – April 30th) are Monday – Saturday, 7:00 am – 4:30 pm.

How do I dispose of hazardous waste? 2018-03-02T18:31:50+00:00

Click on the Deschutes County Department of Solid Waste or the State of Oregon Department of Equality (DEQ) for information on how to dispose of these materials and what is acceptable and not acceptable.

Do you offer paper shredding/ document destruction? 2018-03-02T18:33:07+00:00

Yes, you can bring your documents to Deschutes Recycling during operating hours for a fee and dispose of your documents in a secured locking roll cart. The carts are stored in a secured, locked building and SecureShred will come and shred the materials directly from the cart into the shredding truck.

How can I dispose of medical waste? 2018-03-02T18:33:50+00:00

Central Oregon Environmental Services, a division of Bend Garbage & Recycling, has specially trained personnel for the collection and disposal of medical waste items used in your home or medical office.  These materials are disposed of safely and in accordance with state law.

For more information, go to bendgarbage.com or contact 541-382-2263.

What has changed with my bill? 2019-12-30T23:21:49+00:00
Deschutes Recycling is now Republic Services.  Your bill will have a different look and account number. Your account number is in the top right corner of your invoice, along with other key information such as the invoice number, total amount due, and due date.
What are your payment options? 2019-12-30T23:25:09+00:00

New and easy ways to pay your bill

At Republic Services, we make paying your bill easy and stress-free. Below are your different payment options:

  • Pay by Mail – Mail your payment with the remittance portion of your invoice to the address below.

Republic Services
PO Box 78829
Phoenix, AZ 85062-8829

  • Pay by App – Republic Services™ is the new and FREE app available for Apple™ and Android™ devices! Simply download it in either the Apple App Store or the Android Market Place, create a username and password, and then input your bill invoice number and you are ready to go.


  • Pay Online – You can save time by enrolling in online bill pay through the Republic Services App or by visiting www.republicservices.com/myaccount. If you were previously registered for online bill pay, you need to re-enroll using your Republic Services account information. Click on Sign Up and follow the instructions to enroll.


  • Pay by Phone – Use the automated service to pay by phone by calling (877) 692-9729.

We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express.

Contact our local customer service team at (541) 388.1910.

Do I need to re-enroll for online bill pay or auto pay? 2019-12-30T23:26:16+00:00

If you were previously registered with Deschutes Recycling, you will need to re-enroll using your Republic Services account information. Enroll through the Republic Services App or by visiting www.republicservices.com/myaccount.